Mattress Crafters (ABN 83671547599) are committed to protecting your personal information and respect all customers privacy. We identify that when customers interact with us, it is possible that “personal information” maybe shared which allows us to identify the customer and their purchase (e.g. name, email address, address, and contact/telephone number).
At Mattress Crafters we collect, hold, use, disclose and handle your personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), also complying with the Australian Spam Act 2003 (Cth), which impose restrictions on sending commercial electronic messages.
How do we collect your information?
We may collect personal information directly from you with your consent for a specified purpose, including when you use our website, when you visit us in-store, interact with us (through telephone, by letter or by email), via competition entries and direct marketing campaigns.
We use automated tracking technology (such as cookies and pixel tags) to provide statistics about the use of our website. However, this information generally does not include information which identifies you. If you prefer, it is possible to disable cookies by modifying the settings in your browser. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features on our websites if cookies are disabled; please refer to our Cookies Policy.
Via third party sources for the purpose of providing you with our products and services, including marketing mailing lists (where you have agreed) and publicly available sources (including public posts to social networking sites).
We also use social networking services such as Facebook to communicate with the public about our products and services. Please note that these third party social networking services may collect your personal information for their own services.
What personal information do we collect?
We collect personal information about you for the purpose of performing our activities or functions (or for other reasonably related purposes or as required by law). This information includes:
- Personal Contact Information, including any information allowing us to contact you in person (e.g. name, title, business and personal postal and street addresses, e-mail addresses, telephone numbers).
- We will collect demographic Information such as date of birth, age, gender, languages you speak, location (e.g. postcode), product preferences, household or lifestyle information.
- Customer account login information, including any information that is required for you to establish a user account with Mattress Crafters (e.g. username, password and security question/answer).
We will not collect, use or disclose “sensitive information” with consumer feedback and complaints, including (comments, suggestions and testimonials) about you unless you have consented to such collection, use or disclosure.
When do we share and disclose your personal information?
We may disclose your personal information:
Where you have provided us with your consent to the use or disclosure;
For a purpose related to the purpose for which we collected the information and you would reasonably expect us to use or disclose it for that purpose; or where otherwise required or permitted by law. Such purposes include disclosing your personal information to our affiliates, related bodies corporate, service providers, agents, contractors and other third parties to carry out activities on our behalf, including:
- Warehousing and delivery services;
- Payment processing and e-commerce services;
- Customer acquisition strategy;
- Data storage, warehousing and management services;
- Mailing and logistics services;
- Market research and analysis to help us improve and target our services; and
- Marketing, including running our surveys, events and promotions (where you have agreed). The recipients of such information will be located in Australia. We may send your information overseas, including to service providers or third parties who store data or operate outside Australia. If we do this, we take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is disclosed in a way which does not personally identify you; or to those third parties agree to protect the privacy and security of your personal information, and to use it only for the purpose for which it is disclosed to them.
More information about privacy law and privacy principles is available from the Federal Privacy Commissioner at http://www.privacy.gov.au/ (Australia).
If you would like any further information about how we handle your personal information or to make a complaint a breach of a relevant Privacy Act, please lodge a written complaint addressed to our Privacy Officer (contact details above). Once we receive your complaint, we will respond to your complaint within a reasonable period of time, usually 30 days.
If you are unsatisfied with the handling of your complaint, you may contact us further to advise of your concerns and, if we are unable to reach a satisfactory resolution, you may take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) for a review of your complaint.